By purchasing the high resolution picture you are allowed to use it for any (sensible) purpose, within the limits set forth by DA. Failure to work within its or my boundaries is of course entailed by eternal damnation.
The small display version of my pictures are free to download -right-click 'save image'- (they cost a fraction of your soul but it will not be obvious until your afterlife) with the following restrictions:
- I provide these pictures in order to be used as components or materials for any work of art (although it is a subjective term, common sense applies), such as reference for drawing or painting or basis for digital manipulation. I would prefer if you used my work to create something new and original (see note on 'work of art' above).
- You do not have to ask for my permission in advance, you only have to obey my rules. Failure to do so is entailed by intense whipping (roman style scourge, not a fluffy pink toy).
- Do not forget to give me the credit if my work is used as part of something (worthwhile). I do want people to know (it really depends on the term 'worthwhile').
- I would like you to share the link to your work in the comments of the picture you have used (provided it is worth taking a look at). I am curious about what you do (I want you to believe that).
- Regarding portraits, always respect the dignity of the model. Do not alter pictures in a way so that it becomes insulting or humiliating (yes, again relative terms). Be aware that whatever abominable sacrilege is committed with, on or because of their pictures, they are going to know.
- If you use portraits, please provide me with a version of your work in bearable resolution, devoid of overly obnoxious watermarks. This will be forwarded to the model as he/she deserves to see what you have created with the help of his/her effigy (done to her, essentially). In case your uploaded picture meets these requirements (is usable for the goal mentioned), disregard the above.
- Enjoy the pictures. If you can.